Information about the Organisation
- This website is owned by SMR Enterprises Limited trading as Cast Iron Radiators 4u which is a Limited Company and whose registered office/place of business is Unit 4, Victory Trading Estate, Kiln Road, Portsmouth, PO3 5LP References to ‘we’, ‘our’ or ‘us’ refer to Cast Iron Radiators 4u as well.
- References to ‘you’ or ‘your’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- Our registered company number is 5014686
- Our VAT number is 807 6839 96
- If you disagree with any part of these terms and conditions, please do not use our website.
- While we shall endeavour to make this site available at all times, we will not be liable if, for any reason, the site is unavailable for any period of time.
- Access to this site may be suspended at any time without prior notice being given.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- We are not liable for any damages arising in contract, tort or otherwise from the use of or inability to use this site or any material contained in it, or from any action or decision taken as a result of using the site.
- The materials on this site comprise general information and opinion; they do not constitute legal or other professional advice. You should consult your professional adviser for legal or other advice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- This site offers links to other sites thereby enabling you to leave this site and go directly to the linked site. We are not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link in a linked site. We are not responsible for any transmission received from any linked site. The links are provided to assist visitors to the website and the inclusion of a link does not imply that we endorse or have approved the linked site.
Online transactions and orders
- It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- If you enter your personal data on this website for any purpose you warrant that such information is true and accurate. You agree not to impersonate another person, use a false name and information or to use a name and information which you are not authorised to use.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
- Ordering, offers and acceptance and creation of a contract
Making a purchase could not be easier. Just browse our website and add any items that you wish to buy to the shopping cart. After you have finished your selection, click on 'Checkout' and you will be asked for a few details that we need to be able to complete the order.
We accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and debit cards. Only cards registered in the United Kingdom can be accepted. If you are shopping from outside the United Kingdom or wish to pay with a non-UK card, you will need to contact us to place your order. We use Sage Pay when taking payment by card. Sage Pay are a specialist secure payment gateway company, this ensures security for all concerned.
We are also happy to take orders online, over the telephone or in person at our Showroom. If you do not wish to pay online, you can put the order through our checkout and then send your card information by post, contact us by telephone, or contact us for our account details to make a bank transfer.
If you have made a mistake on your order and cannot correct it in the shopping cart, contact us as soon as possible and we will happily correct the mistake for you.
When you receive a order confirmation from us, this is to let you know we have received your order and have passed it on to our distribution team for onward shipping to you. Once your order has been processed by our team, we will e-mail you a copy of your sales receipt, if you would like us to post you a sale receipt, just let our sales team know and we will get this sorted for you.
In the case that there is a pricing issue or we no longer are able to supply a particular product, we will always contact you to ensure that the correct price is acceptable, or to offer you an alternative product that is similar. It is our aim to always make this as easy as possible for our customers.
If your item is not in stock, we will place it on back order for you. You will always be emailed or called with the option to cancel your order if you would rather not wait for the Goods, or given the option to purchase an alternative product.
Payment including VAT is due on submission of your order. You will not be deemed to have submitted an order where the payment is not authorised. For orders made from the UK or the European Union, VAT is charged at the appropriate rate. If you are ordering from outside the United Kingdom or believe VAT should not apply, please contact us before ordering so we can ensure your order is charged correctly.
An order may not be accepted by us for the following reasons (this list is not exhaustive):
- We do not have the products or goods in stock
- We are unable for organisational reasons to fulfil the order or provide the services
Due to a pricing or product/service description error
- Due to legal, postal or other restrictions meaning that you are not eligible to order the selected products or services
- Due to a failure to obtain authorisation for any payment
Your order will be accepted and the contract concluded when we have confirmed that we are able to supply the products or services ordered and have received full or part payment as required and notified to you. For avoidance of doubt a contract is not concluded when you submit your order to us.
The contract will be concluded in English.
Any concluded contract will not be filed by Cast Iron Radiators 4u.
- The Goods and Delivery
The quantity and description of the Goods will be as set out in our confirmation of order; this will be in the form of your Sales Receipt or Bespoke Order Confirmation.
It is important that all details in relation to your order are correct before ordering.
Products "made to order" are considered bespoke and are non-returnable.
The colour and gloss level in any colour or RAL chart are only used as guidance. If you are unsure please call one of our sales team, who will help you through the process.
It is important that you note that colours shown online may vary due to differences in colour, contrast and brightness settings on your computer monitor and that printed colours may vary slightly from the actual paint colour.
Any technical specification, advice or information provided by us is for guidance only. We always advise that no works be carried out or installers booked prior to delivery and you have inspected the goods. We advise any installation should be carried out by a qualified installer.
All Goods carry the standard manufacturer's warranty, this is generally specified with the product details.
We insist that all Goods should be suitably specified for the system type on which they are to be installed. In areas where aggressive water prevails or where a softener is installed, the use of dezincification resistant materials would be advised. We insist that this is checked with the heating installer / local water authority, as responsibility for premature failure due to corrosion will not be held by us.
Any specifications supplied by us are given without guarantee, we can take no responsibility for information supplied or work carried out by yourself or their contractors in relation to information supplied on the web site, literature or in any communication. We recommend you take delivery of, and inspect the product before undertaking any work in relation to the Goods supplied. Manufacturers tolerances do apply; hand made goods have a tolerance of up to +/- 6mm.
We do not have any liability for any consequential loss suffered by yourself in relation to any Goods supplied.
Shipping and Delivery
Palletised goods are delivered by hauliers on a kerbside service only - that is, the haulier is not responsible for bringing the goods inside your property. Smaller packages are delivered by courier companies who are responsible for delivery to your door to ground floor levels only. The Buyer may be required to provide help with unloading of bulky items.
Pallet deliveries MUST be inspected on delivery, and if damaged or short should either be rejected or the damage and/or shortage noted when signing for the delivery.
Please inform us of any potential access issues.
Shipping costs can vary from item to item:
- Own Brand – (Excluding the Georgian Range) Delivery will be free on any order over £1000 (inc VAT). Any order that falls under £1000 (inc VAT) will be subject to a £69.00 (inc VAT) delivery charge. Georgian Range - Delivery will be free on any order over £1000 (inc VAT). Any order that falls under £1000 will be subject to a £72.00 (inc VAT) delivery charge.
For all our Own Brand Ranges offshore locations will require additional delivery charges. We can work out a delivery quote for anyone requiring it.
- Arroll – All Arroll orders carry a delivery charge of £60.00 (inc VAT). Please be aware that certain postcode regions carry an additional £42.00 (inc VAT) charge.
- Carron - All Carron orders carry a delivery charge of £54.00 (inc VAT). Please be aware that certain postcode regions carry an additional £48.00 (inc VAT) charge.
- Apollo - Delivery will be free on any order over £100 (inc VAT). Any order that falls under £100 (inc VAT) will be subject to a £6.95 (inc VAT) delivery charge. Please be aware that offshore locations will require additional delivery charges. We can work out a delivery quote for anyone requiring it.
- Radiator Valves & Accessories - orders above £100 (inc VAT) will be free of charge
Delivery to some areas can be more expensive, and additional charges may need to be applied. We will put your order on hold and contact you when incorrect delivery has been chosen during checkout when ordering online. We reserve the right to postpone, cancel or refund any order where incorrect delivery has been applied.
Large and/or heavy items need to be delivered on pallets. Pallet hauliers will deliver as follows:
- Own Brand - Any metallic or primer finishes can be delivered within 7 days. Any other finishes can take up to 14 days.
- Arroll - We will call you to finalise any details regarding delivery.
Primer finishes - 14 days
Paint finishes - 21 days
Polish finishes - 28 days
- Carron - We will call you to finalise any details regarding delivery. Times advised below are absolute maximums, and orders will often be completed much quicker.
Primer, Paint, Antique & Highlight finishes - Typically 7 days, but can be up to 21 days - call one of our sales consultants for a definite lead time
Hand Burnished (Polished) finishes - Typically 21 days, but can be up to 42 days - call one of our sales consultants for a definite lead time
- Apollo - All standard white finished radiators will be delivered within 5 working days, any coloured finishes will be delivered within 10 working days.
- Radiator Valves & Accessories - Radiator valves or wall stays, other than those specific to the radiator will be delivered to you within 24 - 48 hours
- Acceptance, cancellation and return of goods
You shall be deemed to have accepted the Goods 24 hours after delivery.
You should carry out a thorough inspection of the Goods within 24 hours of delivery and should inform us immediately of any defects or missing parts which a reasonable examination would have revealed. Written notification to us should be received within 3 working days of delivery of the Goods.
Where you have accepted, or it has been deemed you have accepted the Goods, you will not be entitled to reject goods which are not in accordance with the contract.
An exception to the above is made for Pallet deliveries; as a 10-15 minute window is scheduled into the delivery for you to inspect the goods on delivery.
For palletised goods delivered by a pallet haulier, no claim for damage in transit or shortages can be accepted if signed for "received in good condition", "unchecked", "not examined" (or similar). Claims for damage in transit or shortages can only be considered if signed for as "damaged" or "short delivered" and we are notified in writing within 3 days after delivery and are given an opportunity to verify the shortages or damage.
You may cancel the contract and receive a refund for any goods within 14 days of the date you received the goods except where:
- the goods have been customised to your specification;
you have purchased goods in our showroom.
In order to cancel the goods you can submit our standard cancellation, which can be found here. If you submit the form online we will send you a written confirmation by email that we have received notice of cancellation.
Alternatively you can make a clear statement that you wish to cancel the goods in writing or by telephone to:
Address: SMR Bathrooms, Unit 4, Victory Trading Estate, Kiln Road, Portsmouth, PO3 5LP
Telephone: 02393 162 021
The notice of cancellation must be sent before the end of 14 days from the date on which the goods were delivered. You should retain proof of cancellation.
You will be liable for the costs of returning the goods to us and must return them within 14 days of receipt. You shall ensure that the means used to return the goods is appropriate to the nature and value of the goods.
You will receive a refund for the full value of the goods except where the value of the goods has diminished because you have unnecessarily handled the goods beyond what was required to establish their nature, characteristics and functioning; in which case we will be entitled to reduce the refund according to how far the goods have diminished.
We will refund to you the full cost of delivery of the goods, except where you selected an enhanced delivery option, in which case we will refund the cost of the standard delivery option.
Any refund payable to you will be made within 14 days of receipt by us of the returned goods. The refund will be paid by the same method as your original payment unless agreed by you otherwise or if not possible.
Your right of cancellation only applies to the contract as a whole. If you wish to return only some of the goods this is at our discretion.
Returns after fourteen days will be considered on a case-by-case basis; returns can sometimes be accepted for store credit, though a restocking fee may be levied. If you have an item you would like to return after the fourteen day return period, contact us to discuss the situation further.
- We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have in place suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
- Under the Data Protection Act 1998 you may request a copy of personal information held about you by Cast Iron Radiators 4u. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have any complaint about our online services you can submit this to us by email at email@example.com
- If you are dissatisfied in how we have dealt with a complaint you can refer the matter to the European Online Dispute Resolution platform using the following link: http://ec.europa.eu/odr
- These terms apply to your order. We may change our terms and conditions at any time, so please do not assume that the same terms will apply in the future.
- None of these terms affect your legal rights and these are not diminished in any way. If any term is held to be invalid under any applicable statute or rule of law, that term is automatically omitted from the terms to minimum extent necessary to comply with the law and without affecting the validity or enforceability of the remainder.